Assurance & Advisory Services
Insight & Control
When interpreted correctly, numbers tell a story. Our financial reporting and risk management services provide you insight to better understand and effectively manage your business. We combine our understanding of your business with our years of experience, to provide you with advice on:
- Tax consultation and minimization
- Tax provision services
- Scientific Research & Experimental Development Tax Credit (SR&ED)
- MORE™ (Manage Opportunities & Reduce Exposure Program – tailored to your business and personal circumstances)
- Mergers, takeovers and acquisitions
- Due diligence and transaction management
- Valuations of businesses, intangible assets, damages and litigation
- New venture or project assessment and modelling
- Creating and managing organizational change
- Strategic planning and risk management
- Risk-measurement strategies, management plans and crisis handling
- Internal control review for efficiencies
- Building key performance indicators
- Methodologies and strategies costing
- Establishing effective budgetary and cash flow processes
- Business process enhancement
Assurance & Financial Reporting
In today’s complex and competitive marketplace, companies are under greater pressure to ensure their financial information is accurate complete and timely. You need assurance that your financial statements are in order and that an expert is available to you with sound, strategic advice on growth, taxation, risk management or restructuring.
Assurance & Financial Statement Engagements
Because each business is different, so is the type of financial statement engagement that we offer.
A compilation engagement represents the most basic level of service that accountants provide with respect to financial statements. This type of engagement does not provide assurance with respect to the financial statements and whether they are materially misstated. Instead, this engagement consists of compiling the financial information presented and displaying it in a financial statement format. The financial statements are not prepared in accordance with any professional accounting standards.
This type of engagement requires us to perform limited procedures to establish whether anything comes to our attention that would indicate that the financial statements are not in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The limited procedures would consist of discussion and inquiry of management and analytical procedures to assess the plausibility of interrelationships between financial statement balances. The review engagement is not as comprehensive as an audit and, as a result, provides limited assurance regarding your financial statements.
An audit engagement is the highest level of assurance for your financial statements. In this type of engagement, we conduct inquiries and discussions with management, recommend analytical procedures, and perform verification and substantive procedures to assess the reasonability of the financial statement. These added procedures may include confirmation of balances with third parties, performance of inventory test counts, vouching of balances to source documentation, and a review of your internal controls and systems.
Special Assurance Services
- Due diligence and business acquisitions
- Special purpose audits
- Internal control reviews
- International accounting standards advice